E-Z Knife™ inserts are designed for use in hard woods, like oak, cherry, and maple. E-Z Knife™ inserts are ideal for use wherever assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping. Also, E-Z Knife™ inserts for wood use a proprietary external “knife” thread to slice into the wood, which provides superior holding power.
E-Z Knife™ inserts are most often machined out of brass when internal thread sizes range from #4 to 3/8 or M3 to M8. For additional corrosion resistance, stainless steel knife thread inserts are used with 8-32, 10-24, and 1/4-20 internal threads.Features:
- Standard kit includes threaded inserts, drill and drive-tool.
- Easy to use solution for putting strong, machine threads in wood
- Everything needed for installation in a convenient kit
- Ideal for cabinetry, furniture, display cases, anywhere a threaded fastener will be used in wood.
- Kit Contains: (5x) 400-624-CR, (1x) A1260, (1x) DT-624
Cabinetry & Furniture
Beer Tap Handles
Anywhere a fastener will be used in woodInstallation:
E-Z Knife threaded inserts are typically installed with the slots up. The slots accommodate a screwdriver or E-Z LOK drive tool. For harder woods, screwdriver installation isn't practical. Installation can be accomplished with the drive tool or using a bolt and jam nuts. When using the bolt/jam nuts installation technique, the slotted end of the insert can be either up or down.