Generically referred to as Type D
(flanged) or Type E
(flush) insert nuts
, E-Z Hex™ (Hex Drive) inserts provide sturdy machine threads in soft woods. These hex drives are an ideal solution for any application where assembly or disassembly could lead to thread erosion or stripping.
E-Z Hex™ inserts feature broad external threads that provide exceptional holding power in materials like pine, composition board, MDF, and plywood. We offer E-Z Hex™ with internal thread sizes ranging from #8 to 3/8-16, plus M6 and M8. Die-cast from a durable zinc alloy, E-Z Hex™ inserts install quickly with an Allen wrench or optional drive tool.
E-Z LOK hex drive threaded inserts are available with internal thread sizes from #8 to 3/8, as well as M6 and M8. Most sizes are available in a variety of lengths to meet the needs of your unique application.Features:
- Standard kit includes inserts, drill and drive-tool.
- Easy to use solution for putting strong, machine threads in soft wood, like pine, MDF, and composition board.
- Inexpensive solution for reinforcing threads in soft woods
- Kit contains ten flush 1/4-20 inserts, a Letter U drill, and an installation tool.
- Ideal for knock-down furniture, display cases, drawer pulls, or anywhere a threaded fastener will be used in soft wood, like pine, MDF, or composition board.
Ready to Assemble Furniture
Materials such as pine, plywood, composition board, and MDF
...anywhere a threaded fastener is installed in soft wood